A rare opportunity to sit in on rehearsals and learn how a performance comes together.
Tracing the Classical Tradition
Beethoven’s influence on future generations of composers cannot be overstated: Brahms was widely considered Beethoven’s successor, and Dohnányi composed in the Romantic/Classical tradition, rather than the folk-infused Nationalist style of his contemporaries Kodály and Bartók.
Ludwig van Beethoven, String Trio in G major, Op. 9, No. 1
- Riccardo Zamuner, Bruno Giuranna, Clive Greensmith
Ernst Dohnányi, Piano Quintet in E-flat minor, Op. 26, No. 2
- Ruth Lenz, Zachary DePue, Paul Cortese, Christine J. Lee, Derek Han
Johannes Brahms, String Sextet No. 1 in B-flat major, Op. 18
- Zachary DePue, Ruth Lenz, Bruno Giuranna, Paul Cortese, Clive Greensmith, Christine J. Lee
Barber’s “Adagio” and Schubert’s “Trout”
This concert takes us from Barber’s sublime, meditative “Adagio” to Schubert’s joyful “Trout” quintet.
Samuel Barber, Adagio for Strings
- Ruth Lenz, Zachary DePue, Paul Cortese, Christine J. Lee
Camille Saint-Saëns, Fantaisie pour Violon et Harpe, Op. 124
- Riccardo Zamuner, Ann Hobson Pilot
Claude Debussy, Dances sacrée et profane
- Ruth Lenz, Paul Cortese, Christine J. Lee, Dee Moses, Ann Hobson Pilot
Franz Schubert, Piano Quintet in A major, Op. 114, D667 “Trout”
- Zachary DePue, Riccardo Zamuner, Bruno Giuranna, Clive Greensmith, Dee Moses, Derek Han
Mingle with the musicians in a unique space and enjoy a short concert, drinks, and light bites.
Sponsored by Dolphin Aviation.
Drama in Minor Keys
Minor keys can express much more than sadness, as these three works amply demonstrate.
Wolfgang Mozart, Piano Quartet in G minor, No. 1, K478
- Riccardo Zamuner, Bruno Giuranna, Christopher Costanza, Derek Han
Bernhard Romberg, Trio in E minor, Op. 38, No. 1 for Cello, Viola and Double Bass
- Christine J. Lee, Paul Cortese, Dee Moses
Peter Tchaikovsky, Souvenir de Florence
- Zachary DePue, Ruth Lenz, Bruno Giuranna, Paul Cortese, Christopher Costanza, Christine J. Lee
A lively, interactive dinner event featuring La Musica artists joining with Philip Mancini and Michael’s On East’s Executive Chef Jamil Pineda to lead guests in cooking demonstrations to create the evening's meal. This event is a tremendous amount of fun and the food you and your tablemates prepare is always delicious.
Sponsored by Gloria Moss in honor of Janet Hunter.
Contrasting Early Works
These early works all demonstrate youthful mastery of their forms, albeit in very different musical languages.
Ludwig van Beethoven, Trio in G major, Op. 1, No. 2
- Riccardo Zamuner, Christine J. Lee, Steven Lin
Zoltan Kodály, Serenade, Op. 12
- Zachary DePue, Ruth Lenz, Bruno Giuranna
Gabriel Fauré, Piano Quartet, Op. 15
- Ruth Lenz, Riccardo Zamuner, Paul Cortese, Christopher Costanza, Steven Lin
La Musica is grateful to the Community Foundation of Sarasota County, John J. Weiss Memorial Fund grant for making this website possible.